Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Piece of cake

Or apple pie. The switch to the iMac has been a doddle, so far. I have everything I wanted and needed installed, and a few things that I thought I might have to live without (DivX player, for one).

The standard mail client could be better, but I hope to have entourage in a few days, so no biggie.

And using Photoshop CS2 is a dream, with a movie playing in the background and still no lag! Heck, I could go out to the kitchen, make a coffee and smoke a fag during the time it took my old dinosaur PC to rotate a 3mb image through 180 degrees.

The Safari browser is pretty basic, but again, so easy to use. Not sure how long I can cope without my tabbed browser windows though. But Firefox is so damned leaky, I don't know if I ever want to revisit that problem again.

Overall, it's an absolute pleasure to work on.. even if that damned @ key is in the wrong place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home